You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Magic Mouse doesn't work properly. When I switch on my computer, the mouse does not work until I attach it to a usb for a few minutes. This happens every time despite the fact that my mouse is fully charged

I have a weird problem with my Magic Mouse in that it doesn't work when I switch on my iMac despite being fully charged, so I have to connect it to the usb for five minutes and then it works! Is this a common problem or is my magic mouse not really magic?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 6:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2020 7:08 AM

Power off your Mac, Switch off your fully charged Magic Mouse 2. Switch the mouse back on, and boot the Mac. Bluetooth should then discover the mouse during the boot process, and the mouse will be available when the Desktop appears.

I have a Magic Mouse 2 here, and never switch it off — unless I am charging it overnight. The iMac almost always does a bluetooth discovery of the mouse, which is available each time I power on the Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2020 7:08 AM in response to Ginto35

Power off your Mac, Switch off your fully charged Magic Mouse 2. Switch the mouse back on, and boot the Mac. Bluetooth should then discover the mouse during the boot process, and the mouse will be available when the Desktop appears.

I have a Magic Mouse 2 here, and never switch it off — unless I am charging it overnight. The iMac almost always does a bluetooth discovery of the mouse, which is available each time I power on the Mac.

my Magic Mouse doesn't work properly. When I switch on my computer, the mouse does not work until I attach it to a usb for a few minutes. This happens every time despite the fact that my mouse is fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.