You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile data for apple watch while iphone is not around

Hi all, I’ve read a manual where to find a Mobile Data (Cirrecular) in Watch app to set it up however when I search for it I find nothing. Coudl you please help me where could be the problem? Do you any experience with it?

thanks a lot!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 6

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 8:53 AM

Set up cellular on your Apple Watch – Apple Support

10 replies

Aug 1, 2020 9:16 AM in response to Community User

This is the problem. Below are the instructions how to set up it (I’ve already found that before)

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Cellular.
  3. Tap Set Up Cellular.
  4. Follow the instructions for your carrier. You might need to contact your carrier for help.

I cannot find the Cellular in the watch app. It shows me nothing when I click on the My Watch tab.

Aug 1, 2020 10:00 AM in response to petra30

You can still make calls and send texts,you just have to have your phone with you in order to do this.

Apple Watch (GPS only) lets you send and receive text messages, answer phone calls and receive notifications when it’s connected to your iPhone via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The built-in GPS works independently of your iPhone for distance, pace and route mapping in workouts.

Mobile data for apple watch while iphone is not around

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.