You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive folder on my mac

I just upgraded the OS (from Yosemite to Catalina) on my 2013 MacBook Pro this morning. It has been over 5 hours since I started this process and iCloud Drive folders/files have not yet shown up. The files and folders are on iCloud.com and on every one of my other devices; just not this one.

How long should I need to wait for it to begin appearing (I don't even want it to download - just appear so I can begin working. This is where a ton of my work is stored.)?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 9:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 11:23 AM

I just started using a new Mac and the iCloud Drive files did not sync to it several days after I first set it up. I turned off iCloud Drive in Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID, restarted the Mac, then turned that option on again and the files immediately began to sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2020 11:23 AM in response to jturnof

I just started using a new Mac and the iCloud Drive files did not sync to it several days after I first set it up. I turned off iCloud Drive in Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID, restarted the Mac, then turned that option on again and the files immediately began to sync.

iCloud Drive folder on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.