You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule Connection

I have an iMac running 10.15.6 and an Airport Time Capsule. When I connect to the TC as a WIFI router and run Time Machine, everything runs as expected. I complete backups and everything runs as expected.

I have an eero WIFI system in my home. As I do not want my Airport Time Capsule to conflict with the eero signal, I have turned off the WIFI on the Airport TC, and connect to an eero router through ethernet cable. When run Time Machine, I get an error saying that it is unable to complete the backup. I am able to use it to save and open files. I was told, in response, to a previous post, that this was due to the TC disc starting to fail.

But since I can get TC to run when I connect to the TC through a WIFI network, I am wondering if there is a setting in Time Machine that only works when connected via WIFI? Am I right?

Thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 12:40 PM

I spoke with Apple yesterday and was told there is a problem that Apple engineers are aware of in 10.15.6 that causes a problem when Norton Security and/or Office AutoUpdate are installed. I deleted Norton Security from my iMac, and Time Machine is backing up as expected. Since I do not have Auto Update in Office turned on, I have left this alone. Now, if Apple will just fix the problem with Norton!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2020 12:40 PM in response to brenden dv

I spoke with Apple yesterday and was told there is a problem that Apple engineers are aware of in 10.15.6 that causes a problem when Norton Security and/or Office AutoUpdate are installed. I deleted Norton Security from my iMac, and Time Machine is backing up as expected. Since I do not have Auto Update in Office turned on, I have left this alone. Now, if Apple will just fix the problem with Norton!

Airport Time Capsule Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.