You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 passcode keypad not working

I have a iPad 2 and haven't used it in a while. Powered it up and tried the passcode but the 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, & 0 numbers won't work. Only 3, 6, & 9 responds. I have reset the iPad a number of times with various techniques (i.e. hold the home key and power button down at the same time til restart, or press the power button, slide to power off, when powered down hold the home key and power button down at the same time til the apple logo appears, goes away, and appears again then release and allow system to start). Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 7:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 7:59 PM

This sounds like a hardware issue. Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess the iPad and advise you how to proceed.

2 replies

iPad 2 passcode keypad not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.