You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my new SE iPhone to my WiFi using my iPad that is connected.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 9:32 PM

You stated that your iPad is connected to your WiFi. Why can't you connect your iPhone directly to that WiFi?

If you have a cellular iPad and want to use that as a hotspot then you can, however, you have to confirm with your iPad's cellular service provider that the feature is available for you. Your cellular service provider controls the hotspot feature on your iPad/iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2020 9:32 PM in response to Vintagedude

You stated that your iPad is connected to your WiFi. Why can't you connect your iPhone directly to that WiFi?

If you have a cellular iPad and want to use that as a hotspot then you can, however, you have to confirm with your iPad's cellular service provider that the feature is available for you. Your cellular service provider controls the hotspot feature on your iPad/iPhone.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.