You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my Apple ID password, now need to update appleID settings on phone but unable to

I updated my Apple ID password. Now my iPhone 5s says that I need to re-sign in with AppleID to have access to some services / Update AppleID settings, but when I submit my new password there are errors, unable to re-sign in. Please help.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 12:37 PM

4 replies

Aug 8, 2020 5:56 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Ok. I signed out of one iPhone and my Macbook Pro, then tried to sign out of my iPhone 5s. It kept asking me for my apple ID password to sign out of Find My Phone - but, of course, the password didn't work. So I am unable to sign out on my iPhone 5s.

When I signed back in on my MacBook Pro, my main bookmark of my gmail account has disappeared. still need help.

Aug 20, 2020 10:29 AM in response to jules105

I have had this problem for months & today (Aug 20,2020) I decided to see if it would work after I did a software update & yeah it asked for me to verify my iphone from another device (which I can never do) so I tapped on "I can't verify device" at the bottom and something NEW showed up! For the 1st time ever it asked if I wanted to reset my end to end encryption data I said yes & BOOM no more "update apple id" message¡!!!!!!!

I updated my Apple ID password, now need to update appleID settings on phone but unable to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.