You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted photos

Someone from a different device that was signed in to my iCloud deleted all my photos and they deleted off of my phone also can I get them back from a later backup and if so how?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 10:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 10:54 AM

Your Apple ID was seemingly compromised.

Fix that, as deletion of photos is a rounding error in the potential for damage after such a compromise.

Enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you’re sharing an Apple ID across multiple folks, what you’ve experienced here is to be expected. Use Family Sharing to share apps and purchases.

Family Sharing - Apple

Backups for photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for your photos, check your backups, or check the iCloud recently-deleted album. See the section on recovering deleted photos here:

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Depending on what happened here, the photos may well be gone.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Jacksong1181

Your Apple ID was seemingly compromised.

Fix that, as deletion of photos is a rounding error in the potential for damage after such a compromise.

Enable two-factor authentication, if that’s not already enabled.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

If you’re sharing an Apple ID across multiple folks, what you’ve experienced here is to be expected. Use Family Sharing to share apps and purchases.

Family Sharing - Apple

Backups for photos:

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As for your photos, check your backups, or check the iCloud recently-deleted album. See the section on recovering deleted photos here:

Delete photos on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Depending on what happened here, the photos may well be gone.

Deleted photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.