You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My storage is full it advised me to buy storage which l did

My storage is full, l added more storage and it keeps telling me l still don’t have storage

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 5:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 6:38 PM

You cannot add more storage to your phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. You bought iCloud storage which is space in Apple's syncing service, which may be used to keep your devices in sync. To make more storage space on your phone you must delete photos, messages, apps etc.. When deleting these items, be sure to save valuable photos and data to your computer or an external disc.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 10, 2020 6:38 PM in response to bbcastil

You cannot add more storage to your phone. It will always have the amount of storage it came with. You bought iCloud storage which is space in Apple's syncing service, which may be used to keep your devices in sync. To make more storage space on your phone you must delete photos, messages, apps etc.. When deleting these items, be sure to save valuable photos and data to your computer or an external disc.

My storage is full it advised me to buy storage which l did

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.