You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

page number

Hi,

I want to make the page number start from the second page.

All that I can think of is "make a new section".

Is there any better way?

Hosun

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 10:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 11:07 AM

You can get the job done in the first section where you set the Section panel's content to suppress the first page of the section. Select the Document panel, and then the Section tab, in Pages v10.1. Check the appropriate box:

4 replies

Aug 12, 2020 1:14 AM in response to HSKang

"I want to make the page number start from the second page.

All that I can think of is "make a new section".

"Is there any better way?"

If you want the second page to be numbered as Page 1 or Page 1 of 5, I suspect you'll have to make the first page a separate section.

"Suppressing the headers/footers" on first page of a section hides those headers or footers, but does not affect the assignment of page numbers to the pages with hidden headers/footers.

You can, however, set the second section's page numbering to either "continue from previous section" OR to ignore the previous section, and start at Page 1.

Regards,

Barry

page number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.