You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions not even in app settings!

I have the monster smart app installed on my iPhone 11, and it has asked for permission to Bluetooth, When I go into my settings there is no Bluetooth switch!.... I downloaded the app for my LED strip lights which are by the same brand (obviously).

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 8:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 12:56 PM

Hey micah0219,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're looking to give an app and its accessory permission to use Bluetooth. If you haven't already, let's make sure Bluetooth is turned on by tapping Settings > Bluetooth. Then, we'll want to check to be sure the app has permission to use Bluetooth. To do that tap Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth. Do you see the Monster Smart app listed here? If so, tap it to give permission to use Bluetooth. Additional details about this feature can also be found here: If an app would like to use Bluetooth on your device

We hope this helps. Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 13, 2020 12:56 PM in response to micah0219

Hey micah0219,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand you're looking to give an app and its accessory permission to use Bluetooth. If you haven't already, let's make sure Bluetooth is turned on by tapping Settings > Bluetooth. Then, we'll want to check to be sure the app has permission to use Bluetooth. To do that tap Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth. Do you see the Monster Smart app listed here? If so, tap it to give permission to use Bluetooth. Additional details about this feature can also be found here: If an app would like to use Bluetooth on your device

We hope this helps. Take care!

Permissions not even in app settings!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.