You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

overheat

Hi, I have a MacbookAir early 2014, a week ago my macbook starts heating up in just a few seconds right after I turn it on. Usually I would shut down my Mac when I go to sleep but Idk why it's heating up so fast. I tried to use the activity monitor but it is just showing that google chrome has the highest average energy impact but I had been using google chrome the past few years but never has problems with heating up my Mac. The weird thing is only the top right corner is extremely hot and I could barely touch it. Normally I just need to charge my Mac 3-4 times but the past few days I need to charge like 5-6 times because my battery is draining so fast.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 9:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply
1 reply

overheat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.