You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts Sync

I have a very strange issue which requires a little back-story. About 4 years ago, I lost my phone. Unfortunately, I did not have my contacts in iCloud. I got a new phone and slowly got back the contacts that I needed. Today, we erased and set up as new an old iPad that we have. Somehow, it synced the contacts from my old phone into the contacts app on the iPad. I am utterly perplexed. Since my wife didn't want all old contacts on the iPad, I was able to go into "Groups" and uncheck my name - which fixed the issue - but I am utterly confused as to where the iPad found these contacts as, again, they were not in iCloud and the contacts that it does find for me do not match my current contact list (which is in iCloud). Anyone have any idea how this happened?

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 4:35 PM

It was user-error. The contacts existed on an iCloud-connected device and we were not aware of it.

4 replies

Contacts Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.