You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zoom/Skype freezing on new Macbook pro Catalina 64 bit

Having a problem with my new Macbook pro and Zoom/Skype, which are freezing--I sometimes get an "unstable connection" error message.

I keep my old Macbook pro (El Capitan) next to the new Mac, and when I switch to the old computer in the middle of a call, the problem disappears. I have updated both Zoom and Skype, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Need these apps for work (college prof)-

Is it because of the switch from 32 to 64 bit? That shouldn't be causing the problem, but I am not a tech person.

Any thoughts?

C

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 13, 2020 11:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 10:20 AM

Apple Support fixed the problem! Great customer service. The support person shared my screen, checked all the places that may be causing a problem. The solution: giving Zoom and Skype "Full Disk Access".

This has fixed it, and so far everything is working fine.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 14, 2020 10:20 AM in response to MacCat5432

Apple Support fixed the problem! Great customer service. The support person shared my screen, checked all the places that may be causing a problem. The solution: giving Zoom and Skype "Full Disk Access".

This has fixed it, and so far everything is working fine.

Hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Zoom/Skype freezing on new Macbook pro Catalina 64 bit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.