You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 2 issue

My Apple Pencil 2 is pairing with my iPad Pro 11 and also charging but still it’s not working. What’s the problem with the pencil?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 12:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 2:30 PM

I have the same issue with my Apple Pencil 2 and iPad Pro. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the battery (especially as you say it shows 100%) but the general consensus on here is that it is the battery. If the battery is so small and runs out of charge so quickly, how can it sit on the shelf in a shop or warehouse for so long before it’s bought or connected to charge?! Surely every pencil not bought within 10 seconds of manufacture in that case would be faulty from the off.

anyhow, I digress. I’ve been in contact with Apple support escalations and there’s an issue which affects some iPads and Pencils whereby the pencil stops working.

I had the same symptoms as you. The pencil would show in Bluetooth and I could see the battery percentage as full when I connected it to the side of the iPad but I could not draw with it. Before anyone says it’s the battery, this pencil was 2 days old.

one of the steps in trouble shooting says to forget the pencil in Bluetooth settings. If you do this, in my experience (3 pencils) you will NEVER be able to connect your pencil again. It’s now a bit of plastic. I still have no solution and I’m waiting for them to get back to me.

apparently there is a fix waiting but I wouldn’t hold your breath as I don’t think that many people have the issue

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 2:30 PM in response to drbadiuzzaman

I have the same issue with my Apple Pencil 2 and iPad Pro. I don’t think it’s anything to do with the battery (especially as you say it shows 100%) but the general consensus on here is that it is the battery. If the battery is so small and runs out of charge so quickly, how can it sit on the shelf in a shop or warehouse for so long before it’s bought or connected to charge?! Surely every pencil not bought within 10 seconds of manufacture in that case would be faulty from the off.

anyhow, I digress. I’ve been in contact with Apple support escalations and there’s an issue which affects some iPads and Pencils whereby the pencil stops working.

I had the same symptoms as you. The pencil would show in Bluetooth and I could see the battery percentage as full when I connected it to the side of the iPad but I could not draw with it. Before anyone says it’s the battery, this pencil was 2 days old.

one of the steps in trouble shooting says to forget the pencil in Bluetooth settings. If you do this, in my experience (3 pencils) you will NEVER be able to connect your pencil again. It’s now a bit of plastic. I still have no solution and I’m waiting for them to get back to me.

apparently there is a fix waiting but I wouldn’t hold your breath as I don’t think that many people have the issue

Apple Pencil 2 issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.