You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X won't load - registry error

I have Logic Pro X v. 10.5.1 on a MacBook Pro. I worked great. This week I upgraded the MacOS to v. 10.15.6. Now, when loading Logic, the usual Logic screen appears with a message saying "updating information about audio plug-ins". It stays on this screen for a while until the spinning beach ball appears. I've waited up to 20 minutes with no change. I can't quit the app and must use Force Quit ("Logic Pro X - not responding") to quit the app. After quitting the app a message pops up saying "Registry Error - Make sure this product is properly installed".

I've tried rebooting the computer - no luck. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Logic - no luck.

Again, it worked great before updating the MacOS. That's all I can think of that changed.

I could not find a related previous post in the community groups and would really appreciate any help regarding how this can be fixed.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 12:20 PM

Just got off phone with Apple Logic support. The problem lies with one or more of your installed plug-ins.

Go to Finder. Click GO on upper left. open FOLDER. type in /Library/audio units/plug-ins

expand Components. The plug-ins are there. I deleted all of mine.

Open Logic. Do the instrument download later.

Logic should open.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2020 12:20 PM in response to Flip127

Just got off phone with Apple Logic support. The problem lies with one or more of your installed plug-ins.

Go to Finder. Click GO on upper left. open FOLDER. type in /Library/audio units/plug-ins

expand Components. The plug-ins are there. I deleted all of mine.

Open Logic. Do the instrument download later.

Logic should open.

Logic Pro X won't load - registry error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.