You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Clipping Off Front of Song "Shared" From Garageband

Even though I've intentionally added a 1/2 bar of "air" at the font of the Garageband mix, when it's shared with iTunes it plays back from the split second the band starts. Problem is that it's so close that it sounds like a split second is getting cut off at the top.

Is there a setting I change so iTunes doesn't keep making this automatic adjustment?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 8:45 AM

Greetings,

I have had the same problem. To eliminate it make sure that one of the regions on one of the tracks has "air" on it. In other words, highlight one region and drag the left side to the left. I noticed that sometimes iTunes exports start right at the start of the first region causing the first fraction of a note to be chopped off.

The other way to be positive to get some "roll time" before the first note is to use the cycle region and make sure when you share the project to check the "export cycle region" box.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 8:45 AM in response to Jesilv

Greetings,

I have had the same problem. To eliminate it make sure that one of the regions on one of the tracks has "air" on it. In other words, highlight one region and drag the left side to the left. I noticed that sometimes iTunes exports start right at the start of the first region causing the first fraction of a note to be chopped off.

The other way to be positive to get some "roll time" before the first note is to use the cycle region and make sure when you share the project to check the "export cycle region" box.

iTunes Clipping Off Front of Song "Shared" From Garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.