You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music subscription

Hello,

I activated Apple Music subscription on My Mac and it works fine, but it is not activated on my iPhone (Apple ID is one and the same) even though it is already several weeks passed and several reboots. At least, I cannot listen to music without paying for each particular song or album. Is it normal? How can I listen to music I paid for via subscription?

thank you!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:10 PM

I see. I believe the problem might be that you are not signed into Music via your Apple ID. If you would go Settings>Music and scroll down to Home Sharing to see which Apple ID it is connected to. If you are not signed in, then sign in, and if you are signed in, check that it is the same ID that you purchased your subscription with. If you are signed in, try signing out, wait a couple of minutes, and sign back in. If your problem is not solved, scroll back to the top and make sure that “Show Apple Music” is on. Turn it off the back on if it was already on.If you see below it the message “Join Apple Music”, try clicking on it to see if it reanalyzes your subscription. Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Voleerster

I see. I believe the problem might be that you are not signed into Music via your Apple ID. If you would go Settings>Music and scroll down to Home Sharing to see which Apple ID it is connected to. If you are not signed in, then sign in, and if you are signed in, check that it is the same ID that you purchased your subscription with. If you are signed in, try signing out, wait a couple of minutes, and sign back in. If your problem is not solved, scroll back to the top and make sure that “Show Apple Music” is on. Turn it off the back on if it was already on.If you see below it the message “Join Apple Music”, try clicking on it to see if it reanalyzes your subscription. Hope this helps.

Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.