You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple-ID is doesn't exist so now I can't log out from it!

I'm reposting this question to garner more attention and no I can't go to my school. Now onto the question at hand. I graduated from my school and got to keep the iPad which we got when we started. It had a school Apple-ID account and once we graduated they deleted the Apple-ID:s. So when I try to log out of the non existent Apple-ID it gives me an error. "verification failed, cannot find this person". I have 2 Apple-ID:s logged onto the iPad but it still asks me for the password for the one that doesn't exist. Is there some, I don't care if it's a third party or not, solution to this problem? Since Apple obviously didn't think to have a good solution to this problem.

I cannot update certain apps because of this.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 1:20 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2020 1:20 PM in response to jonte274

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.   

Apple-ID is doesn't exist so now I can't log out from it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.