You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to upgrade Mac OS from Sierra to the new Mac OS Catalina?

Hi, I was wondering why there is so much trouble in updating my computer to Catalina. I tried to use the download option in the Apps Store, and I clicked the button to download, but it starts to download, and then it stops, and nothing goes from there.

I've looked in all the forums, and the only thing that I can see that would work was a OSX Patch, but I didn't want to ruin my system with software that is not authorized, and worked on by Apple's team.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 11:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 16, 2020 11:50 AM

Here is How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

If you have add-on anti-virus, add-on anti-malware, an add-on VPN client, an add-on network-monitoring firewall app, or add-on cleaner apps, try booting into Safe Mode, and try the download again from there. These and similar add-on apps can sometimes cause downloading issues.

Also try rebooting your firewall.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 16, 2020 11:50 AM in response to zedmacintosh

Here is How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

If you have add-on anti-virus, add-on anti-malware, an add-on VPN client, an add-on network-monitoring firewall app, or add-on cleaner apps, try booting into Safe Mode, and try the download again from there. These and similar add-on apps can sometimes cause downloading issues.

Also try rebooting your firewall.

Unable to upgrade Mac OS from Sierra to the new Mac OS Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.