You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocked numbers ringing through on iPhone 6s

Blocked numbers ringing through on iPhone 6s. I received a call from “potential spam” and used the blue information symbol to block caller. An hour later I received another call with the same ID and the same phone number. When I use the blue information symbol again, it brought me to the option to unblock the caller. That tells me it’s blocked but why did it still come through?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 10:20 AM

bp770 wrote:

Blocked numbers ringing through on iPhone 6s. I received a call from “potential spam” and used the blue information symbol to block caller. An hour later I received another call with the same ID and the same phone number. When I use the blue information symbol again, it brought me to the option to unblock the caller. That tells me it’s blocked but why did it still come through?

Because the spammers are phishing that number, making it seem that their using that number but in reality they are using a different number to call you.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 17, 2020 10:20 AM in response to bp770

bp770 wrote:

Because the spammers are phishing that number, making it seem that their using that number but in reality they are using a different number to call you.

Blocked numbers ringing through on iPhone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.