You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari browser isn't functioning properly. When I go to safari it redirects me to searchbaron, but it blocks access. Chrome does the same thing.

When I go to safari it redirects me to searchbaron, but it blocks access. Chrome does the same thing. can I fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 2:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Hello MacStudent2020,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, it appears using Safari and Chrome, the search engine is being redirected to searchbaron, correct? We're here to help you take a look in to that!

First, let's force quit Safari and Google Chrome:

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Reopen Safari and head to the Menu bar. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced > check mark Show Develop Menu > Choose Empty Caches. From here, head to Menu bar > Safari > Preference > Extensions and see if searchbaron is there and remove. Here is an additional article on steps to follow:

If Safari can't open the page because too many redirects occurred

If the issue persists, download Malwarebytes and run a scan. This should help with Google Chrome as well.

Hopefully this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 11:24 AM in response to MacStudent2020

Hello MacStudent2020,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From reading your post, it appears using Safari and Chrome, the search engine is being redirected to searchbaron, correct? We're here to help you take a look in to that!

First, let's force quit Safari and Google Chrome:

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Reopen Safari and head to the Menu bar. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced > check mark Show Develop Menu > Choose Empty Caches. From here, head to Menu bar > Safari > Preference > Extensions and see if searchbaron is there and remove. Here is an additional article on steps to follow:

If Safari can't open the page because too many redirects occurred

If the issue persists, download Malwarebytes and run a scan. This should help with Google Chrome as well.

Hopefully this helps!

My safari browser isn't functioning properly. When I go to safari it redirects me to searchbaron, but it blocks access. Chrome does the same thing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.