You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittently loose audio from speakers on a iPad Air 2

I intermittently loose audio from both speakers. Ear buds and audio from the jack work fine.

Doing a cold reset sometimes brings back the audio. Doing a reset, the audio and last for hours or just seconds. Seamed to happened after my last OS update. OS 13.6. Inspected and cleaned the audio jack. Even tried some Pro Gold contact cleaner. Seldom used with headphones. Working a jack in and out does not bring back the audio. I'm quite sure the issue started with the last OS update.

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 8:49 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 19, 2020 7:22 AM in response to flintmon

Hello flintmon,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are experiencing some issues with using headphones in your iPad. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

First, we would like to ensure that your device is fully up to date with the most recent software. Take a look at the steps on how to update here:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We also have a great resource that goes over some steps to take if your headphones aren't working as expected:

If your headphones don't work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the steps in this article do not resolve the issue, please use the link in the last section titled "Still need help?".

Best Regards.

Aug 19, 2020 10:34 AM in response to flintmon

Hey there flintmon,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. You mentioned that this happened after updating to iOS 13.6. We have released a newer version of iOS recently, which is iOS 13.6.1. Let's try updating again and see if the issue still persists.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue continues to happen after updating your device, please reach out us directly using this link:

Get Support

Thank you.

Aug 19, 2020 8:15 AM in response to MoonJ.

Moon, thank you for your reply. Problem is that I have intermittent no audio from the speakers, the headphones always function correctly. Rebooting or resetting by holding the home and power buttons will sometimes correct the issue and the speakers will work. I'm quite certain it's not the headphone jack. Problem started after last OS update.

Thank you

Intermittently loose audio from speakers on a iPad Air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.