You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch cellular

I had an apple watch that used cellular. It broke and I want to buy a new one. Can I transfer that cellular over to the new watch?

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 2:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 2:26 PM

Yes. You can transfer the cellular plan from the old watch to the new one. Here’s how:

1. Remove the cellular plan from your old Apple Watch. You can do this from the Apple Watch app or by erasing your old Apple Watch. 
  2. Pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone. During setup, tap “Set up Cellular” to add a cellular plan.
  3. Some carriers allow you to transfer your existing plan to your new Apple Watch directly from the Apple Watch app. 
  4. If you don’t see an option to transfer your cellular plan, contact your carrier for help.

Good luck!

-- JDee

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 2:26 PM in response to dominiquebev3

Yes. You can transfer the cellular plan from the old watch to the new one. Here’s how:

1. Remove the cellular plan from your old Apple Watch. You can do this from the Apple Watch app or by erasing your old Apple Watch. 
  2. Pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone. During setup, tap “Set up Cellular” to add a cellular plan.
  3. Some carriers allow you to transfer your existing plan to your new Apple Watch directly from the Apple Watch app. 
  4. If you don’t see an option to transfer your cellular plan, contact your carrier for help.

Good luck!

-- JDee

Apple Watch cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.