You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video and music volume is permanently decreased after notification & notification dismissal

I am watching a video or listening to music.

Notification received.

Volume of video/music is decreased (supposedly just for a few seconds or until notification dismissed)

Dismiss notification

Volume at low level still.

Volume bar still shows level at previous volume setting

Even worse when I am watching at high volume as then I cannot even increase to listen at normal volume - as the bar is already at max.

After ten minutes, when nothing special is happening (no specific notifications etc) then the volume MAY increase again (maybe it won't maybe it will)

This despite only a single, or multiple notificiations arrive after the initial first one

Really annoying as I listen to lots on my iphone

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 6:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:42 AM

Hi Aabbccddr,

Thanks for your post! We understand volume will decrease for a prolonged period of time after a notification comes in. If you have not already, quit the apps you use to listen to audio content, then restart your device and perform any available iOS update.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 10:42 AM in response to Aabbccddr

Hi Aabbccddr,

Thanks for your post! We understand volume will decrease for a prolonged period of time after a notification comes in. If you have not already, quit the apps you use to listen to audio content, then restart your device and perform any available iOS update.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

Video and music volume is permanently decreased after notification & notification dismissal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.