You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Received an email this morning from support@braintap.com, stating that my apple id will be disabled because of violated policies. Is this valid?

Received an email this morning from support@braintap.com, stating that my apple id will be disabled because of violated policies. Is this valid?

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 7:45 AM

No. Its a scam. Ignore it. Apple will never email you when your Apple ID is disabled.

You will find out the next time you try to log in anywhere that uses it, or try to do something that requires your Apple ID. But never by email. And Apple only uses email addresses that end in apple.com for official email notices to you. braintap.com is not Apple.

See here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 7:45 AM in response to angiefromnorman

No. Its a scam. Ignore it. Apple will never email you when your Apple ID is disabled.

You will find out the next time you try to log in anywhere that uses it, or try to do something that requires your Apple ID. But never by email. And Apple only uses email addresses that end in apple.com for official email notices to you. braintap.com is not Apple.

See here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.