You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook displaying loading screen and default background.

Everytime I put my macbook to sleep/lock, then when I try to open it back it will display a loading background for a split second. Also, when I switch on my Macbook, it will display an Apple default background instead of my background. My Macbook is working fine is just that these issues bug me and I keep thinking if I should send my laptop for repair. Any answers to my problem or suggestions on what I should do next?

Side note; I purchased this Macbook just recently in March 2020.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 10:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:06 AM

The default background is to be expected when starting your Mac—this is not easily changed.

The preboot partition contains the code which handles the login for an encrypted drive, after that is successfully unlocked it is handed off to the main OS

When you have an encrypted boot volume you receive a log-in screen before the main OS boots, you have to authenticate that in order for the encryption key for the boot volume to be released.

For sleep wake issues you can Try resetting the SMC http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

see—

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple ...

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 19, 2020 11:06 AM in response to ahtearah

The default background is to be expected when starting your Mac—this is not easily changed.

The preboot partition contains the code which handles the login for an encrypted drive, after that is successfully unlocked it is handed off to the main OS

When you have an encrypted boot volume you receive a log-in screen before the main OS boots, you have to authenticate that in order for the encryption key for the boot volume to be released.

For sleep wake issues you can Try resetting the SMC http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3964

see—

If your Mac doesn't sleep or wake when expected - Apple ...

Aug 19, 2020 11:35 AM in response to ahtearah

ahtearah wrote:

Hey! Thank you for the reply.

What do you mean by the encrypted boot volume and the authentication of it? Is there any way for me to authenticate it? I'm not really tech savvy. Also, when I contacted Apple recently about the loading screen whenever I wake my laptop, they said it is the MacOS loading in the background and that it is normal. But, it is bugging me.

...loading background for a split second.

Really, that is the issue...(?)

The default is to have the Filevault encryption turned on unless you opt out.

Therefore you have to authenticate ie enter you password to proceed.

You can not have automatic login with an encrypted boot volume.

Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac - Apple ...

Aug 19, 2020 11:15 AM in response to leroydouglas

Hey! Thank you for the reply.

What do you mean by the encrypted boot volume and the authentication of it? Is there any way for me to authenticate it? I'm not really tech savvy. Also, when I contacted Apple recently about the loading screen whenever I wake my laptop, they said it is the MacOS loading in the background and that it is normal. But, it is bugging me.

Macbook displaying loading screen and default background.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.