You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple IDs

I have two apple IDs The first one I use for App Store, iTunes and all the subscriptions. the 2nd I use for apple mail and iCloud storage When I got my first iPad I was assigned an "iCloud.com" ID and started to use that id for iCloud storage and my main APPLE email address. I use this one (2nd) to pay for iCloud storage. Everything else is paid for with the original ID. As I got new iPhones and new Macs I used the 2nd id to sign in.

This has worked pretty well until I attempted to start Family sharing. When I go to family sharing in my iPhone I am logged in with my 2nd ID, but the stuff I want to share belongs to my original Id

I can't figure out to start sharing my original ID stuff

I would like to magically merge the 2 ids

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 3:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 6:19 PM

See if anything here helps.

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Family Sharing.         

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 20, 2020 10:16 AM in response to donv_the_ghost

Thanks I think I can work with that. I have 1 iMac, 2 iPhones, 2 iPads to change my iCloud storage - I have to bump up the space for the new iCloud - in the end, the id will only be used for only an occasional email account - also I will have to immediately back up to the new iCloud account for all devices - the original iCloud account will be used for all devices

Ken

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

Multiple IDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.