You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Youtube App

Hi, i live in Kosova, a new country in Europe not recognized by apple YET ! and when i updated my phone to iOs 13.6 the Youtube app crashed, i have uninstalled it, now it says its not available on my country. This is ridiculous what apple is doing to certain countries !!! Anyone has an answer ? Thank you

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 11:20 AM

gkermeni wrote:

Hmm i dont know, its not that iOs made a big difference on the last update so Youtube wont be compatible with. I have written to youtube again, lets see what they’ll reply.

I am linking this to apple because they have removed Kosovo from google Maps at all, and its not fair. It is a country after all

Thanks

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I would think Google controls their map app, not Apple.

Apple has it's own map app.

I can see Pristina in Apple's map app as well as Google's.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 20, 2020 11:20 AM in response to gkermeni

gkermeni wrote:

Hmm i dont know, its not that iOs made a big difference on the last update so Youtube wont be compatible with. I have written to youtube again, lets see what they’ll reply.

I am linking this to apple because they have removed Kosovo from google Maps at all, and its not fair. It is a country after all

Thanks

Feedback for Apple goes here >>> http://www.apple.com/feedback/

I would think Google controls their map app, not Apple.

Apple has it's own map app.

I can see Pristina in Apple's map app as well as Google's.

Aug 20, 2020 11:05 AM in response to gkermeni

gkermeni wrote:

Youtube reply was that they are available all over the world. Youtube app is working on older versions of iOs, as soon as i updated my phone youtube crashed. My friend did not update yet and youtube works just fine.

Sounds like Youtube needs an update. It's their task to keep up with iOS updates.

They show the current version is compatible with iOS11 and above.

Aug 20, 2020 10:55 AM in response to gkermeni

gkermeni wrote:

Hi, i live in Kosova, a new country in Europe not recognized by apple YET ! and when i updated my phone to iOs 13.6 the Youtube app crashed, i have uninstalled it, now it says its not available on my country. This is ridiculous what apple is doing to certain countries !!! Anyone has an answer ? Thank you

App availability could also be by the choice of the app developer.

Don't be so quick to blame Apple. If Youtube has removed the app, Apple has no control over that.

What did Youtube say when you asked them?

https://support.google.com/youtube#topic=9257498

Youtube App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.