You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library is not yet available.

I cannot get my iphone XsMax to sync with my iMac(Catalina). Both system software have been updated to the latest version. Whenever I sync, the message 'Photos cannot be synced to the iphone because your photos library is not yet available. Please try again later'. I have restored my iphone, turn on and off my iMac and yet the problem still persist. I have no issue before updated to Catalina but now I am stucked. Any one has any suggestion to resolve this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:24 AM

Can we assume that you're syncing by cable via Finder? You mention updating to Catalina. Have you actually opened Photos since then to allow it to update your photo library to the newest version? If not, do that first and try again.

If you have opened it successfully after the Catalina update and it still doesn't work, you should try rebooting both the Mac and your iPhone and trying again. If that doesn't work, you might need to rebuild your photo library using the Photo Library Repair process detailed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2020 7:24 AM in response to rosmannlexus

Can we assume that you're syncing by cable via Finder? You mention updating to Catalina. Have you actually opened Photos since then to allow it to update your photo library to the newest version? If not, do that first and try again.

If you have opened it successfully after the Catalina update and it still doesn't work, you should try rebooting both the Mac and your iPhone and trying again. If that doesn't work, you might need to rebuild your photo library using the Photo Library Repair process detailed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204967

Photo library is not yet available.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.