You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple music on mac (latest OS) shows recent songs but NEVER syncs nor allow me to play any songs other than third party imported music.

My apple music on mac (latest OS) shows recent songs but NEVER syncs nor allow me to play any songs other than third party imported music.

I use Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73). I am able to play songs using my Apple Music on my android but I cannot seem to do so on my MAC though it is signed into the same Apple ID.

Tried turning sync library on but it never syncs even after leaving the pc connected to the internet for a full day. My sync is also turned on, on my android Apple music.

Tried resetting cache, checking the automatic downloads page, authorising this Mac and I I cannot seem to fix the issue.

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 5:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 7:11 PM

Hi mainga225,

It sounds like you have a current Apple Music subscription and the songs on your Android will not show up on your Mac with Sync Library active on both devices. Having access to all your media on your devices is a great feature when you are a subscriber to Apple Music.

This resource has some suggestions for steps to try if your missing some songs:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

Should you still have issues with the music syncing over reach out to us here:

Get Support

Have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2020 7:11 PM in response to mainga225

Hi mainga225,

It sounds like you have a current Apple Music subscription and the songs on your Android will not show up on your Mac with Sync Library active on both devices. Having access to all your media on your devices is a great feature when you are a subscriber to Apple Music.

This resource has some suggestions for steps to try if your missing some songs:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library

Should you still have issues with the music syncing over reach out to us here:

Get Support

Have a great day!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.