You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Series 3 Watch for Swimming - always on?

Can it stay "always on" when in swim mode? I've read a review that since your arm is not raised it goes to sleep. I want to be able to glance and see the time without breaking stride. I'm looking at buying the series 3.

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 5:20 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 7:28 PM

Hello pegfromrochester,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having a question about using the "Always On" feature on Apple Watch.

As of now this feature is only available on Apple Watch Series 5.

"Always On is turned on by default on Apple Watch Series 5. In this mode, the time is always visible, along with your watch face or the most recent active app"

Use the Always On feature with your Apple Watch Series 5

Also, please check out this helpful link:

Swim with your Apple Watch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2020 7:28 PM in response to pegfromrochester

Hello pegfromrochester,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having a question about using the "Always On" feature on Apple Watch.

As of now this feature is only available on Apple Watch Series 5.

"Always On is turned on by default on Apple Watch Series 5. In this mode, the time is always visible, along with your watch face or the most recent active app"

Use the Always On feature with your Apple Watch Series 5

Also, please check out this helpful link:

Swim with your Apple Watch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Series 3 Watch for Swimming - always on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.