You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off Find My Mac?

Hi,

I've got a MacBook Pro that previously belonged to an employee who has left my company.

I can log in using an Admin account, but I can't delete the account that belonged to the previous user because he enabled Find My Mac, and I don't know his password.

I tried the Forgot Password link, but it wants to send a code to a phone number I don't recognize, probably the ex-employee's number.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 24, 2020 9:25 AM

1 reply

Aug 25, 2020 8:45 AM in response to larosaf

Hello larosaf,

It sounds like you have some questions about Activation Lock on Mac, and need some assistance. We will be happy to help.

This article references how to turn off Activation Lock: Turn off Activation Lock

This article can tell you more about Activation Lock on Mac: About Activation Lock on your Mac

Have you tried contacting the former employee? Do you happen to have the receipt of purchase for this device?

If the steps provided don't help, we would recommend reaching out to Apple Support.

Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers!

Turn off Find My Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.