You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t turn screen time off even though I’m 18

My parents have family sharing screen time on for me and my siblings, with all the potential restrictions that come with it (of particular annoyance is my inability to go into private browsing or delete history in Safari). Once I turned 18 and went to college I tried to turn off screen time by pressing “Turn Off Screen Time Family Sharing” (this didn’t require a password or anything) and it worked for awhile, but within the day it was turned back on. I tried this several times and the same thing kept happening. Does this mean my parents are turning it back on for me, and is this allowed if I’m a legal adult? Is there a way for me to permanently turn of Screen Time without confronting them? (photo of screen time screen attached)

iPhone 8

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 7:34 AM

Leave the family sharing group entirely.

You will lose access to any shared media and apps.

1 reply

I can’t turn screen time off even though I’m 18

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.