You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos "Imports" Folder

I think I have he answer to this but wanted to ask the group here.

In transitioning to MacOS, I have been moving my photos from file storage to the Photos app and up to iCloud. In the process all pictures that I drop to a new album stay in Imports.

Is there any way to remove them from imports or is that where they stay indefinitely since they were imported from a file? As I have already moved them to a album and just trying to reduce the redundancy but understand its purpose since these were all imported into Photos and not from a device or product.

Please confirm I have this correct and understand that they will reside in this folder moving forward.

Thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2020 10:42 AM

Imports is only one of many views in a Photos library. Every photo imported in the library will show in there automatically until it's deleted from the library. The same goes for the Photos view.

1 reply

Photos "Imports" Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.