You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring contacts on iphone

in restoring contacts on my iphone using icloud i found that it only had one week or so of backups - how can i restore back one month?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:51 PM

Bill-3 wrote:

i found that it only had one week or so of backups

Backups are not archives. Backups Store your recent data to help you in case your hardware fails.

Archives - if they existed - would be used to go back in history. Archives are not part of the iPhone ecostructure.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2020 12:51 PM in response to Bill-3

Bill-3 wrote:

i found that it only had one week or so of backups

Backups are not archives. Backups Store your recent data to help you in case your hardware fails.

Archives - if they existed - would be used to go back in history. Archives are not part of the iPhone ecostructure.

Aug 27, 2020 12:57 PM in response to Bill-3

In addition to what sberman stated in his response to you, you could have archived backups if you were using a computer to backup your iPhone in addition to iCloud. You can archive computer backups (iTunes or Finder in macOS Catalina). This is a moot point, at this time, since you are only discussing iCloud backups. My response if just for a future reference.

Axel F.

restoring contacts on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.