You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rotating video in FCPx without using the Timeline?

I have movie shot of my mom making a turkey shot on a hand held camera. I open the movie in FCP and the Browser splits the movie into multiple clips. On of those clips is vertical. I don't know how this could happen when the hole video was shot horizontally. Anyways I want to rotate the clip back to normal but can only do it in the timeline which doesn't fix the clip. The transform options don't do anything if you have a clip selected in the Browsers. Is there anyway I can fix this?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 7:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 7:52 PM

I found a way to fix this myself. Click clip in Browser and select Reveal in Finder. Now quit FCP. In the Finder select the file and press the space bar which will show you a Quick Look of the video. In the upper right you can open it in Quicktime Player but don't. Just to the left is a Rotate button, click it and close window. You will see the video has been changed but the good thing is FCP will pick it up next time you run it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2020 7:52 PM in response to Mike Retondo

I found a way to fix this myself. Click clip in Browser and select Reveal in Finder. Now quit FCP. In the Finder select the file and press the space bar which will show you a Quick Look of the video. In the upper right you can open it in Quicktime Player but don't. Just to the left is a Rotate button, click it and close window. You will see the video has been changed but the good thing is FCP will pick it up next time you run it.

Rotating video in FCPx without using the Timeline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.