You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I extend the range of Airplay on my Apple TV

I am using an iPad as a central music device then airplaying it to my Apple TV which i then can change the zone of where the audio comes. But when I take the iPad into another room, the audio starts to cut out. The iPad and the Apple tv are on the same network and both have a good connection.

iPad mini, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 4:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 5:11 AM

airplay is not a peer to peer setup nothing in the world of wifi is really,

all devices connect to the router, and the router pass on the data to the other connected devices,

this is why it's called ethernet. so you extend the range by making your wifi network having good signal quality,

in the arears one wish to airplay from, so you extened the airplay range by extending the good signal quality range of your wifi network.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2020 5:11 AM in response to grand48

airplay is not a peer to peer setup nothing in the world of wifi is really,

all devices connect to the router, and the router pass on the data to the other connected devices,

this is why it's called ethernet. so you extend the range by making your wifi network having good signal quality,

in the arears one wish to airplay from, so you extened the airplay range by extending the good signal quality range of your wifi network.

Aug 28, 2020 5:21 AM in response to Rudegar

That does make sense but there is a WAP in the room that the audio is cutting out in and the wifi connection is perfect on both devices. Is it possible that I will need to run a LAN cable to the Apple Tv? I have found that I can stream music on my 4g data plan and still airplay to my Apple Tv. Which I don't understand if it doesn't have some kind of peer to peer connection.

How do I extend the range of Airplay on my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.