You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import Photos from iPad to Photos App on iMac

I just imported photos from my iPad to my Photos on my Mac. Now I want to move some of those imported to Albums on the Mac Photos. After I move them into Albums I would like to delete them from the Imports, but I'm told they will be removed from all devices. How to delete from Imports but not from Albums? I don't want duplicates in "Imports" and in Albums. Can't I just delete from Imports?

Thank you.

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 8:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 10:41 AM

Hi mtrplato,

We see you have some questions about managing the Photos app on your Mac. You can find a resource on organizing your photos here: Organize and find your photos

We hope this helps.

Have a great weekend.

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 29, 2020 10:50 AM in response to mtrplato

You can't delete them from Imports without deleting them from the entire library. Each of those albums, Photos, Imports, Recents, etc. are just a different view of the library. There is only one image file in the library but that image can be in multiple albums just like audio tracks can be in multiple playlists but only have one file in the iTunes library.

Photos can be deleted from albums that you create and from projects without deleting from the entire library.

Import Photos from iPad to Photos App on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.