You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air shuts down if it is not connected to the AC adapter

Why is it that when I unplug my laptop, and it has a full charge, I power it up and try to log on it shuts down? However, once I plug it in, power up and log on everything is fine. Also while after successfully logging on I unplug it and, it shuts down.

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 9:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 1:16 AM

Hi,

I had faced the same issue some months back. The following helped:

You may reset NVRAM or PRAM but wait for three or four startup chimes before releasing the keys. Then check if your issue is resolved. You may also regularly try SMC reset. These two resets appear to be basic maintenance of your Apple laptop. Hope it helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2020 1:16 AM in response to ckharlins

Hi,

I had faced the same issue some months back. The following helped:

You may reset NVRAM or PRAM but wait for three or four startup chimes before releasing the keys. Then check if your issue is resolved. You may also regularly try SMC reset. These two resets appear to be basic maintenance of your Apple laptop. Hope it helps.

My MacBook Air shuts down if it is not connected to the AC adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.