You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleted imessage conversation

Hello all,

I by mistake 2 weeks ago Deleted an iMessage conversation from a Dearest people of mine what I have for years and I just found it out today . I am trying to restore it. I have the conversation in my old I pad and I don’t know how to transfer it to my phone without loosing the last two weeks of activity and messages with all other people in order to reacquire the lost conversation. Any idea why? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 28, 2020 11:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 2:27 AM

Hello Margie,

The deleted iMessage conversation is gone from your iPhone however it still exists on your iPad and you wanted to know whether you can transfer those particular messages from your iPad to your iPhone. That is not possible.

The other option is to restore your iPhone from a previous backup that have those conversations in question. If such a backup exists and you restore your iPhone from that then your entire iPhone will be restored as it was the day of that backup.

As I type this response, I realize that I do not have any good news for you.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2020 2:27 AM in response to Margiexax

Hello Margie,

The deleted iMessage conversation is gone from your iPhone however it still exists on your iPad and you wanted to know whether you can transfer those particular messages from your iPad to your iPhone. That is not possible.

The other option is to restore your iPhone from a previous backup that have those conversations in question. If such a backup exists and you restore your iPhone from that then your entire iPhone will be restored as it was the day of that backup.

As I type this response, I realize that I do not have any good news for you.

Axel F.

deleted imessage conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.