You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I see shared PC drives other than the root drive on a mac to pc server connect?

I've shared folders on my root (C:) drive in my PC, and also some folders on my PC's (D:) drive. I go to Finder on my Mac, Go, Connect to Server, and provide my PC's iP address. It connects perfectly and I can navigate to the folders on my C: drive, but I don't see my D: drive at all. How do I connect to the folders in the D: drive?

MacBook Pro, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 3:02 PM

4 replies

Aug 29, 2020 3:33 PM in response to silvanet

Did you configure the D drive as a separate share on your PC? If so, then you need to mount that share, via the Finder app, as well. Accessing a network file share is pretty much the same with either OS. You would need to enter something like: smb://<PC's IP address>/<share_name>

Ref:

How do I see shared PC drives other than the root drive on a mac to pc server connect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.