You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 pro silent button not turning off volume when receiving calls

I bought my Iphone 11 pro just one month back and the silent button doesn't seem to work.

Like turn on silent mode using the switch on left-top side it shows silent mode on but the sound

still comes when I receive a ring.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 5:30 PM

Likely already familiar:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad, here are a few steps that might fix the issue. If they don't, you'll need to set up a repair.

1. Remove any protective films or cases that might block the button or switch.
  2. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean with a soft cloth.
  3. If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you can set up a repair... {see article for links}
2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 29, 2020 5:30 PM in response to sandeeprmohanty

Likely already familiar:

About the buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

What to do If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If a button or switch isn't working on your iPhone or iPad, here are a few steps that might fix the issue. If they don't, you'll need to set up a repair.

1. Remove any protective films or cases that might block the button or switch.
  2. Check for debris or dirt around the button or switch and clean with a soft cloth.
  3. If the button or switch still isn't working, is damaged, or works intermittently, you can set up a repair... {see article for links}

Iphone 11 pro silent button not turning off volume when receiving calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.