You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Catalina, my Shared Albums are in the View menu but not the Sidebar

After upgrading to Catalina, my Shared Albums have dropped out of the Sidebar but are viewable in the View menu. Shared albums are enabled in Preferences. The Shared albums are on my iPhone as usual. Please advise

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 29, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 1:37 PM

Hey DixieDog14,

We see that you are no longer able to access your Shared Albums in the Photos app on your Mac. We would love to assist you with this.

Here is a resource that may assist you with troubleshooting the Shared Albums feature on your Mac: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac

Hope this helps!

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 1:37 PM in response to DixieDog14

Hey DixieDog14,

We see that you are no longer able to access your Shared Albums in the Photos app on your Mac. We would love to assist you with this.

Here is a resource that may assist you with troubleshooting the Shared Albums feature on your Mac: How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac

Hope this helps!

Take care.

After Catalina, my Shared Albums are in the View menu but not the Sidebar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.