You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious calls

I’m getting several calls saying my iCloud account is being essentially hacked. Are these call bogus? Anyone else getting these calls constantly?

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 12:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2020 1:26 PM

stonecrest Said:

"Suspicious calls I’m getting several calls saying my iCloud account is being essentially hacked. Are these call bogus? Anyone else getting these calls constantly?"

-------

What to Do:

This phone call you speak of is no more than a scam. So, Report this to Apple...

Report this to Apple:

Take a screenshot of that phone number and send it off to Apple.

1. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Forward the screenshot to: reportphishing@apple.com

—-

Learn More Here:

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 30, 2020 1:26 PM in response to stonecrest

stonecrest Said:

"Suspicious calls I’m getting several calls saying my iCloud account is being essentially hacked. Are these call bogus? Anyone else getting these calls constantly?"

-------

What to Do:

This phone call you speak of is no more than a scam. So, Report this to Apple...

Report this to Apple:

Take a screenshot of that phone number and send it off to Apple.

1. Go Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support
  2. Forward the screenshot to: reportphishing@apple.com

—-

Learn More Here:

Aug 30, 2020 2:08 PM in response to ThaoMinSong

ThaoMinSong wrote:

If you still feel uncomfortable about it, I would suggest changing your Apple ID password.

Good point, but not really necessary. I would strongly suggest, however, adding 2 factor authentication to your Apple ID.

See—>Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support and after you do, be sure to add other trusted numbers in case you lose your phone.

More supporting advice—>Turn on MFA Before Crooks Do It For You — Krebs on Security

Suspicious calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.