You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tracks receiving on all MIDI channels since updating to Logic Pro 10.5.1 and can't be re-assigned

Since updating to Logic 10.5.1 I am no longer able to assign tracks to separate MIDI channels for two-controller recording or playing. All software instrument tracks are receiving on all channels no matter what number they are set to in the track inspector. I've also made sure they are assigned correctly in the Audio MIDI Setup windows. Controllers are definitely set to transmit on different channels. What am I missing?

Currently running Catalina 10.15.6 on a BRAND NEW MacBook Pro, but it wasn't working on my old MacBook running Mojave either, which is where I first did the upgrade. I have trashed and reinstalled Logic TWICE on the new computer to no avail. My controllers are a new AKAI MPK261 and an older Yamaha MOX8.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 10:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 5:44 PM

Under Project Settings/Recording enable Auto-Demix.

The Inspector channel number (in non-De-mix) is the Out put channel.

When Auto De-Mix is on set the inspector channel number to match the output channel on your MIDI device(s).

When you enable the track record R, you should have independent channel input from each device.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 1, 2020 5:44 PM in response to Twisted Treble

Under Project Settings/Recording enable Auto-Demix.

The Inspector channel number (in non-De-mix) is the Out put channel.

When Auto De-Mix is on set the inspector channel number to match the output channel on your MIDI device(s).

When you enable the track record R, you should have independent channel input from each device.

Tracks receiving on all MIDI channels since updating to Logic Pro 10.5.1 and can't be re-assigned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.