You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting numberous calls from a fake social security office HELP

Can you reccomend an app to filter spam calls on my Apple 10 phone?

iPhone 6, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 12:20 PM

One option is go to Settings/Phone and turn on Silence Unknown Callers. The only problem with this is all calls from numbers not in your contact list will go to voicemail.

If the number is always the same you can just block that number.

And your carrier may have an app for blocking calls; check their website or call them. There are also apps in the app store that will block numbers that you report; the original (and in my opinion best) is nomorobo, but it isn’t free. The service costs $1.99 a month.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 2, 2020 12:20 PM in response to BLT2001Italian

One option is go to Settings/Phone and turn on Silence Unknown Callers. The only problem with this is all calls from numbers not in your contact list will go to voicemail.

If the number is always the same you can just block that number.

And your carrier may have an app for blocking calls; check their website or call them. There are also apps in the app store that will block numbers that you report; the original (and in my opinion best) is nomorobo, but it isn’t free. The service costs $1.99 a month.

Getting numberous calls from a fake social security office HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.