You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do iPhone photos of text on a white background come out as text on a grey background

taking photos with my iPhone XS turn the white background of a page of text into text with grey background. Any ideas?

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 8:55 AM

Countdown2 wrote:

taking photos with my iPhone XS turn the white background of a page of text into text with grey background. Any ideas?

Basic photography.

The camera is calibrated for an average scene, not a white scene with a bit of black.

Find the exposure compensation feature and go +2.

With the default Camera app, tap on the viewfinder and slide up. You should see the exposure brighten.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 8:55 AM in response to Countdown2

Countdown2 wrote:

Basic photography.

The camera is calibrated for an average scene, not a white scene with a bit of black.

Find the exposure compensation feature and go +2.

With the default Camera app, tap on the viewfinder and slide up. You should see the exposure brighten.

Why do iPhone photos of text on a white background come out as text on a grey background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.