You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to update by mac OS to 10.15.6 I continue to receive an error message that download failed and I need to check my wifi connection. wifi is good.

When I try to download and update my macOS from 10.15.5 to 10.15.6 I receive an error message stating that the download failed and I need to check my internet connection. The internet connection is good. What is my problem?

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 1:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 4:09 PM

I think I can help you. I know that a successful download is possible using Wi Fi, but more often than not, it will get corrupted and then will not load. This is simply too much data for wireless. I recommend that you move the download corrupted file to the trash and do another download with a wired USB connection to the modem/router. If necessary, you may have to temporarily move the computer. If this is not possible, then be prepared to have to do multiple downloads until you get a clean one that works. Finally, during the download do not use the internet. This should enable you to have a successful download. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 4:09 PM in response to rjstef

I think I can help you. I know that a successful download is possible using Wi Fi, but more often than not, it will get corrupted and then will not load. This is simply too much data for wireless. I recommend that you move the download corrupted file to the trash and do another download with a wired USB connection to the modem/router. If necessary, you may have to temporarily move the computer. If this is not possible, then be prepared to have to do multiple downloads until you get a clean one that works. Finally, during the download do not use the internet. This should enable you to have a successful download. I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

When I try to update by mac OS to 10.15.6 I continue to receive an error message that download failed and I need to check my wifi connection. wifi is good.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.