You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Siri always call one number to a contact with numerous numbers

I need to have my wife call me with Siri to one number in an emergency without going through the ritual of choosing the right number.

How do I do this

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 4:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 5:18 PM

Thank you

The objective is to make it simple in an emergency. I created a contact with one number and called it "husband" or something similar.

It didn't work until I reset her watch because airplane was on and didn't turn back on until I restarted, but that's another story

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 5:18 PM in response to Demo

Thank you

The objective is to make it simple in an emergency. I created a contact with one number and called it "husband" or something similar.

It didn't work until I reset her watch because airplane was on and didn't turn back on until I restarted, but that's another story

Sep 3, 2020 4:31 PM in response to tommmy

Following up on deggie’s reply, Identify the phone numbers in your own contact, and then have your wife use those references like call my husband at work or call my husband on his mobile, or use whatever field that you use in the contacts app to identify those numbers.

I say something like, call my wife at home, call my wife at work, call my wife on her mobile depending on which number that I want to use. I have her contact set up with work number, home number and mobile number.

How do I make Siri always call one number to a contact with numerous numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.